Special scene captured on Somerleyton stroll
- Credit: Archant
A stroll through Somerleyton on a sunny afternoon led to this picture-perfect shot for a keen amateur photographer.
This stunning photo was captured by John Williams, of Squires Walk, Gunton – and it has been judged as our latest Picture of the Week winner.
A delighted Mr Williams said it was a 'wonderful surprise' to have been chosen as the winner of our popular competition for the first time.
He said: 'I have been interested in photography for many years, but more as an admirer of good works rather than a taker of pictures as when I was younger, the costs of equipment and development was inhibitive. I think that those years of studying format and composition stood me in good stead for the day digital photography became affordable.'
Speaking about his winning photo, Mr Williams said: 'My wife Julie and I were walking our border terrier Molly through Somerleyton village where we stopped to admire the pond and, seeing this lovely floral display, out came the camera. After a few shots I noticed the mallard and his mate swimming across the pond, so to get the best shot I got low to the ground and used the plants as foreground and the weeping willow as the background to frame the ducks on the sunlit pond. This came out pretty much perfectly as I wanted it, and I am very proud to have won.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Williams receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130. Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images. We also accept prints but we cannot guarantee their return. Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: email@example.com putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'