Special silent cinema event celebrating the films of Buster Keaton to be staged at Beccles Public Hall
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Fans of silent cinema are in luck as a special event celebrating the genre comes to Beccles.
'The Classic Buster Keaton Film at the Hall Day' will take place at Beccles Public Hall, on Thursday, December 14.
Four classic Keaton silent films will be showing at the venue including One Week, The Playhouse, The Haunted House and Cops.
Local pianist and choir leader Ian Sainsbury will be accompanying the films on the Hall's Steinway piano.
Sue Bergin, hall director, said: 'It is our privilege to have Ian accompany these films in his own inimitable fashion - we are so fortunate.'
You may also want to watch:
Beccles Public Hall previously hosted a 'Silent Film Day' in January to great success.
The upcoming run of films will celebrate the work of Keaton and are set to be unmissable for fans of silent cinema.
Tickets, costing £5, are available from the Box Office on 01502 770060 or www.becclespublichall.org.uk. Screenings take place at 2pm and 7.30pm.
- 1 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 2 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 4 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 5 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 6 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 7 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 9 Wartime evacuees set to reunite in Lowestoft
- 10 Joy as supported living service retains 'good' CQC inspection result