Special silent cinema event celebrating the films of Buster Keaton to be staged at Beccles Public Hall
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Fans of silent cinema are in luck as a special event celebrating the genre comes to Beccles.
'The Classic Buster Keaton Film at the Hall Day' will take place at Beccles Public Hall, on Thursday, December 14.
Four classic Keaton silent films will be showing at the venue including One Week, The Playhouse, The Haunted House and Cops.
Local pianist and choir leader Ian Sainsbury will be accompanying the films on the Hall's Steinway piano.
Sue Bergin, hall director, said: 'It is our privilege to have Ian accompany these films in his own inimitable fashion - we are so fortunate.'
You may also want to watch:
Beccles Public Hall previously hosted a 'Silent Film Day' in January to great success.
The upcoming run of films will celebrate the work of Keaton and are set to be unmissable for fans of silent cinema.
Tickets, costing £5, are available from the Box Office on 01502 770060 or www.becclespublichall.org.uk. Screenings take place at 2pm and 7.30pm.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced