Special silent cinema event celebrating the films of Buster Keaton to be staged at Beccles Public Hall
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Fans of silent cinema are in luck as a special event celebrating the genre comes to Beccles.
'The Classic Buster Keaton Film at the Hall Day' will take place at Beccles Public Hall, on Thursday, December 14.
Four classic Keaton silent films will be showing at the venue including One Week, The Playhouse, The Haunted House and Cops.
Local pianist and choir leader Ian Sainsbury will be accompanying the films on the Hall's Steinway piano.
Sue Bergin, hall director, said: 'It is our privilege to have Ian accompany these films in his own inimitable fashion - we are so fortunate.'
You may also want to watch:
Beccles Public Hall previously hosted a 'Silent Film Day' in January to great success.
The upcoming run of films will celebrate the work of Keaton and are set to be unmissable for fans of silent cinema.
Tickets, costing £5, are available from the Box Office on 01502 770060 or www.becclespublichall.org.uk. Screenings take place at 2pm and 7.30pm.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 6 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 7 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 8 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 9 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 10 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub