Spectacular offshore powerboat racing returns to Suffolk coast
- Credit: Archant
Daring pilots battled rough seas and wind while taking part in offshore powerboat racing in Lowestoft.
Powerboating returned to the shores of Lowestoft with the Offshore Circuit Racing Drivers Association's debut on the town's shores for their 2018 finale.
The boats were racing between buoys off the South Pier and to the south of Claremont Pier, with spectators watching from the seafront beach area adjacent to the pits and the promenade.
The second day of racing will continue tomorrow from 10.30am
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country