Spruce up for Carlton Colville community play area
- Credit: Archant
A play area has been given a new lease of life thanks to a donation from two Suffolk County councillors.
Sonia Barker and Peter Byatt gave just over £3,700 from their locality budgets to refurbish the children's play area at Carlton Colville Community Centre.
Mr Byatt said: 'The play area was really shabby. The community centre didn't have the money to fund it so we helped out.'
Mrs Barker added: 'I know how valuable the play equipment is to the families in the Carlton Colville community as my own daughter loved using the slide and climbing frame after school.'
The work, carried out by Waveney Norse, included installing a new rope bridge as well as general repairs and a tidy up.
You may also want to watch:
Former community centre treasurer, Capt Jack Green, said: 'I would like to say thank you again for the help and assistance which you have provided toward this worthwhile cause.'
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree