Spruce up for Carlton Colville community play area
- Credit: Archant
A play area has been given a new lease of life thanks to a donation from two Suffolk County councillors.
Sonia Barker and Peter Byatt gave just over £3,700 from their locality budgets to refurbish the children's play area at Carlton Colville Community Centre.
Mr Byatt said: 'The play area was really shabby. The community centre didn't have the money to fund it so we helped out.'
Mrs Barker added: 'I know how valuable the play equipment is to the families in the Carlton Colville community as my own daughter loved using the slide and climbing frame after school.'
The work, carried out by Waveney Norse, included installing a new rope bridge as well as general repairs and a tidy up.
You may also want to watch:
Former community centre treasurer, Capt Jack Green, said: 'I would like to say thank you again for the help and assistance which you have provided toward this worthwhile cause.'
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted