Squirrel caught dashing through the park wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This cheeky squirrel caught dashing though Nicholas Everitt Park in Oulton Broad has taken the crown as the Journal's Picture of the Week.
Captured by Kessingland resident Robert Mckenna, aged 70, the photo was taken on January 5 this year.
Mr Mckenna used a Canon 5D mark 2 digital camera and a hand held 400mm Canon lens to catch the squirrel on the move.
He said: 'Several squirrels were gathered at and around the entrance to the park with one or two people with children feeding the squirrels with peanuts when a squabble ensued with squirrels running off in different directions.
'I was a fair distant away when two or three squirrels actually crossed in front of me about 10 to 15 yards away which allowed me to take a couple of panning shots of them.
You may also want to watch:
'I am very pleased to win and I like the image as it is the first time I have managed to limit the blurring of the photograph.'
As our winner, Mr Mckenna receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com