Squirrel caught dashing through the park wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This cheeky squirrel caught dashing though Nicholas Everitt Park in Oulton Broad has taken the crown as the Journal's Picture of the Week.
Captured by Kessingland resident Robert Mckenna, aged 70, the photo was taken on January 5 this year.
Mr Mckenna used a Canon 5D mark 2 digital camera and a hand held 400mm Canon lens to catch the squirrel on the move.
He said: 'Several squirrels were gathered at and around the entrance to the park with one or two people with children feeding the squirrels with peanuts when a squabble ensued with squirrels running off in different directions.
'I was a fair distant away when two or three squirrels actually crossed in front of me about 10 to 15 yards away which allowed me to take a couple of panning shots of them.
You may also want to watch:
'I am very pleased to win and I like the image as it is the first time I have managed to limit the blurring of the photograph.'
As our winner, Mr Mckenna receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org