St Margaret's Church
With the church specially decorated with flowers and produce, St Margaret's congregation celebrated the harvest last Sunday at a special service of thanksgiving on the theme of 'harvest of the community'.
With the church specially decorated with flowers and produce, St Margaret's congregation celebrated the harvest last Sunday at a special service of thanksgiving on the theme of 'harvest of the community'. The floral decorations were supported by displays by local community organisations and the service was also attended by members of the Lowestoft Bethel.
This week, on Sunday, the 'first Sunday' family worship and activities will take place in the Church Centre from 9.45 to 11.15am, continuing the theme of the harvest. The Traidcraft stall will also be open, after the morning service, in the church centre.
Sunday's services will begin with holy communion at 8am followed by sung eucharist at 10am. There will be a service of baptisms at 11.30am and evensong with holy communion will take place at 6.30pm.
Two recent events have helped to raise funds. The rectory coffee morning has enabled St Margaret's to send �250 to the Church Missionary Society to support the work of Ian Harvey in the democratic republic of the Congo. The fund raising committee's harvest supper and quiz evening raised a total of �302 for church funds.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 4 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 5 Preparation begins for Lowestoft's crucial flood defence work
- 6 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 7 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 8 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 9 Golf club forced to move tees after dunes collapse
- 10 Mountain bike stolen during the night prompts police appeal