St Margaret's Church
With the church specially decorated with flowers and produce, St Margaret's congregation celebrated the harvest last Sunday at a special service of thanksgiving on the theme of 'harvest of the community'.
With the church specially decorated with flowers and produce, St Margaret's congregation celebrated the harvest last Sunday at a special service of thanksgiving on the theme of 'harvest of the community'. The floral decorations were supported by displays by local community organisations and the service was also attended by members of the Lowestoft Bethel.
This week, on Sunday, the 'first Sunday' family worship and activities will take place in the Church Centre from 9.45 to 11.15am, continuing the theme of the harvest. The Traidcraft stall will also be open, after the morning service, in the church centre.
Sunday's services will begin with holy communion at 8am followed by sung eucharist at 10am. There will be a service of baptisms at 11.30am and evensong with holy communion will take place at 6.30pm.
Two recent events have helped to raise funds. The rectory coffee morning has enabled St Margaret's to send �250 to the Church Missionary Society to support the work of Ian Harvey in the democratic republic of the Congo. The fund raising committee's harvest supper and quiz evening raised a total of �302 for church funds.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 2 Police seek help to identify man after wallet theft
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 5 Street to be decorated with Christmas decorations for Children's charity
- 6 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 7 Crackdown on second home owners exploiting tax loophole on coast
- 8 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of GBH
- 10 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats