St Margaret's Church Lowestoft
Just a month to go before St Margaret's patronal festival weekend, from Saturday, July 18, to Monday, July 20, with a flower and costume display in celebration of 700 years of service since the first recorded incumbent.
Just a month to go before St Margaret's patronal festival weekend, from Saturday, July 18, to Monday, July 20, with a flower and costume display in celebration of 700 years of service since the first recorded incumbent. A mediaeval style fair, complete with hog roast, will be held in the church grounds on Saturday, July 18. All proceeds will go to the church lighting project. St Margaret's Church wishes to involve the local community as widely as possible, and organisations and individuals are invited to rent a site for a stall, on the day of the fair, either to promote their activities or to sell their products or wares. All enquiries should be made to the organisers on Lowestoft 568296.
Services at St Margaret's on June 21, will begin with holy communion at 8am. Sung Eucharist will take place at 10am and there will be a baptisms service at 11.30am. Evensong will be at 6.30pm. The bookstall will be open in the church centre after the sung eucharist, with opportunities to buy fresh reading matter, or to receive any surplus books, for sale in aid of church funds. Later, at lunch time, there will be a barbecue in the grounds of the rectory, with all proceeds going to Christian Aid.
On the following Sunday, June 28, the Bishop David, the Bishop of Thetford, will be making his last visit to St Margaret's before his retirement, when he will preside at the sung eucharist and service of confirmation, at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 3 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 4 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 5 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 6 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 7 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 8 Bomb disposal unit detonate device found on beach
- 9 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 10 National recognition as care home 'heroes' are honoured