WATCH: School pupils surprise shoppers with town centre flashmob
- Credit: Archant
A town centre was sprinkled with performing arts magic as a group of school children surprised shoppers with a flashmob.
Year 5 pupils from St Margaret's Primary Academy appeared on London Road North in Lowestoft this morning, treating onlookers to a well-rehearsed dance routine accompanied by songs from Frozen and The Greatest Showman.
The performance was part of a school initiative called "11 before 11", giving children experiences they wouldn't usually have the opportunity to try.
Natasha Bird, teacher at St Margaret's and a former professional dancer, led the way in preparing the pupils for their moment in the spotlight.
"Some of them were a bit scared to start with and dance isn't for everyone, but it's a way to express themselves," she said. "They came up with most of the moves on their own and I just formatted them.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm extremely pleased with how it went. They're a really great bunch of children and hopefully this encourages them to get into similar activities outside school."
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school