Star of chart-topping boyband A1 to play Aladdin in Lowestoft pantomime
- Credit: Archant
He thrilled audiences as part of chart-topping boyband A1.
And now singer/songwriter Mark Read will be strutting his stuff in panto at the Marina Theatre as the star of Aladdin.
Heartthrob Mark achieved global success after releasing three hit studio albums, earning a Brit award and appearing on the ITV show The Big Reunion.
As a solo star, he collaborated with the likes of Jarvis Cocker, Jason Donovan, Robin Gibb and Michael Bolton and also enjoyed success in hit shows Guys and Dolls and Seasons of Love.
He said: 'Aladdin is the perfect panto for me. It's action packed and full of adventure with bags of comedy and musical moments. It's going to be magical.'
You may also want to watch:
Terry Gleed will also be returning to perform in the popular family pantomime, which runs from December 13 to January 1.
Tickets are available from the box office on 01502 533200 or www.marinatheatre.co.uk.
- 1 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 2 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 3 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 6 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 9 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment