Stars to turn out for Southwold event
THRILL seeking fundraisers are still being urged to sign up for an adrenalin fuelled abseil down an iconic Suffolk lighthouse.The event, which is happening in Southwold next Sunday (August 9) in aid of the RNLI, will be attended by actors David Morrissey and Bernard Hill.
THRILL seeking fundraisers are still being urged to sign up for an adrenalin fuelled abseil down an iconic Suffolk lighthouse.
The event, which is happening in Southwold next Sunday (August 9) in aid of the RNLI, will be attended by actors David Morrissey and Bernard Hill.
Mr Morrissey, narrator of the BBC1 series Seaside Rescue, which follows the work of volunteer lifeboat crews and lifeguards, said: 'The RNLI provides an essential service for our coastline. These brave men and woman can only do their brilliant work with your support. Please help them to continue their life saving work by giving generously to their cause.'
Mr Hill, who is a member of Southwold Sailing Club and is taking part in the abseil, is best-known for playing Captain Edward John Smith in Titanic.
You may also want to watch:
So far more than 50 people have signed up for the fundraiser, including 12 Southwold RNLI crew members.
John Huggins, lifeboat operations manager, said: 'We are all really looking forward to the day. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and something I've always wanted to do.'
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 5 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 8 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
It costs �25 per person to take part in the abseil and each person needs to raise a minimum of �100 in sponsorship.
Anyone interested can contact Rachel Clarke on 01473 822837 or firstname.lastname@example.org .