Stars to turn out for Southwold event
THRILL seeking fundraisers are still being urged to sign up for an adrenalin fuelled abseil down an iconic Suffolk lighthouse.The event, which is happening in Southwold next Sunday (August 9) in aid of the RNLI, will be attended by actors David Morrissey and Bernard Hill.
THRILL seeking fundraisers are still being urged to sign up for an adrenalin fuelled abseil down an iconic Suffolk lighthouse.
The event, which is happening in Southwold next Sunday (August 9) in aid of the RNLI, will be attended by actors David Morrissey and Bernard Hill.
Mr Morrissey, narrator of the BBC1 series Seaside Rescue, which follows the work of volunteer lifeboat crews and lifeguards, said: 'The RNLI provides an essential service for our coastline. These brave men and woman can only do their brilliant work with your support. Please help them to continue their life saving work by giving generously to their cause.'
Mr Hill, who is a member of Southwold Sailing Club and is taking part in the abseil, is best-known for playing Captain Edward John Smith in Titanic.
So far more than 50 people have signed up for the fundraiser, including 12 Southwold RNLI crew members.
John Huggins, lifeboat operations manager, said: 'We are all really looking forward to the day. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and something I've always wanted to do.'
- 1 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 2 Garden transformed into Christmas winter wonderland for local causes
- 3 Suspended sentence for former church worker who indecently assaulted girl
- 4 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 5 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed
- 6 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 7 Milk in the spotlight for thought provoking projection in Lowestoft
- 8 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 9 Lowestoft car damaged after being covered in food and brake fluid
- 10 Families flock to coastal town centre ahead of switch-on event
It costs �25 per person to take part in the abseil and each person needs to raise a minimum of �100 in sponsorship.
Anyone interested can contact Rachel Clarke on 01473 822837 or firstname.lastname@example.org .