Stars to turn out for Southwold event
THRILL seeking fundraisers are still being urged to sign up for an adrenalin fuelled abseil down an iconic Suffolk lighthouse.The event, which is happening in Southwold next Sunday (August 9) in aid of the RNLI, will be attended by actors David Morrissey and Bernard Hill.
THRILL seeking fundraisers are still being urged to sign up for an adrenalin fuelled abseil down an iconic Suffolk lighthouse.
The event, which is happening in Southwold next Sunday (August 9) in aid of the RNLI, will be attended by actors David Morrissey and Bernard Hill.
Mr Morrissey, narrator of the BBC1 series Seaside Rescue, which follows the work of volunteer lifeboat crews and lifeguards, said: 'The RNLI provides an essential service for our coastline. These brave men and woman can only do their brilliant work with your support. Please help them to continue their life saving work by giving generously to their cause.'
Mr Hill, who is a member of Southwold Sailing Club and is taking part in the abseil, is best-known for playing Captain Edward John Smith in Titanic.
You may also want to watch:
So far more than 50 people have signed up for the fundraiser, including 12 Southwold RNLI crew members.
John Huggins, lifeboat operations manager, said: 'We are all really looking forward to the day. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and something I've always wanted to do.'
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 3 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 4 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 7 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
It costs �25 per person to take part in the abseil and each person needs to raise a minimum of �100 in sponsorship.
Anyone interested can contact Rachel Clarke on 01473 822837 or email@example.com .