Station adopters wanted to improve presentation of Oulton Broad South
- Credit: Picture: Nick Butcher
Volunteers are being invited to help improve their stations as station adopters.
Greater Anglia, who operate stations in Norfolk and Suffolk, are looking for local people who live near Oulton Broad South station to volunteer their time to improve the presentation of the station.
The Adopt a Station scheme enables individuals or groups to adopt their local railway station and contribute to its presentation and welfare for the benefit of the local community.
Greater Anglia's community engagement manager, Alan Neville, said: 'We are hoping that individuals, community organisations or local councils, who have an interest in improving their local rail station and bringing it into the heart of the community, will come forward with their ideas.
'Local communities are best placed to know which improvements and projects will benefit them most and we can help them realise their plans through our Station Adoption scheme.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining the Adopt a Station scheme should contact Alan.Neville@greateranglia.co.uk
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 8 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 9 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft