Station adopters wanted to improve presentation of Oulton Broad South
- Credit: Picture: Nick Butcher
Volunteers are being invited to help improve their stations as station adopters.
Greater Anglia, who operate stations in Norfolk and Suffolk, are looking for local people who live near Oulton Broad South station to volunteer their time to improve the presentation of the station.
The Adopt a Station scheme enables individuals or groups to adopt their local railway station and contribute to its presentation and welfare for the benefit of the local community.
Greater Anglia's community engagement manager, Alan Neville, said: 'We are hoping that individuals, community organisations or local councils, who have an interest in improving their local rail station and bringing it into the heart of the community, will come forward with their ideas.
'Local communities are best placed to know which improvements and projects will benefit them most and we can help them realise their plans through our Station Adoption scheme.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining the Adopt a Station scheme should contact Alan.Neville@greateranglia.co.uk
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street