Steam train in the countryside wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful shot of a steam train in the North Norfolk countryside has won the Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by Kevin Goldspink of Pakefield, while on holiday last week.
He said: 'I took this picture at Kelling Heath alongside the North Norfolk Railway Line. The steam train had left Sheringham Station and was on its way to Holt, my family were happy to give the driver a wave!'
Mr Goldspink, 58, took the shot on his Lumia 640 mobile phone.
He said: 'I'm pleased to win and proud of the picture. It captures memories of yesteryear.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Goldspink receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 5 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 6 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 7 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 10 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches