Steam train in the countryside wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful shot of a steam train in the North Norfolk countryside has won the Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by Kevin Goldspink of Pakefield, while on holiday last week.
He said: 'I took this picture at Kelling Heath alongside the North Norfolk Railway Line. The steam train had left Sheringham Station and was on its way to Holt, my family were happy to give the driver a wave!'
Mr Goldspink, 58, took the shot on his Lumia 640 mobile phone.
He said: 'I'm pleased to win and proud of the picture. It captures memories of yesteryear.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Goldspink receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary