Still time to enter The Journal’s annual Pets on Parade competition
- Credit: Nick Butcher
We all love our pets – and now it's the time for your cats, dogs and other furry animals to show their star qualities in our annual Pets on Parade competition.
Every year, The Journal teams up with Picture Studios, in Lowestoft town centre, to encourage people to vote for the best pets.
The winners and runners-up receive some top prizes from the photography studio based in London Road North – and truly become stars of the town.
But even those that don't win get their moment in the spotlight, as we publish a special pull-out featuring the pictures of all the entries.
To ensure your pet is in with a chance of winning, call Picture Studios on 01502 573154 to make an appointment to have your pet's photo taken, or drop into the premises at 117 London Road North, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Those wishing to enter MUST fill in and hand over the entry form on page 33 of The Journal before any photos are taken.
Early booking is highly recommended.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
Photos are to be taken next week.
There are three categories – top cat, top dog and top pet, for animals other than cats and dogs.
The owner of the winning pet in each category will receive a 20in x 16in canvas wrap portrait, worth £190.
Runners-up will get a 10in x 8in framed portrait, worth £60, with a 7in x 5in portrait – worth £46 – going to those in third place.