Still time to enter The Journal’s annual Pets on Parade competition
- Credit: Nick Butcher
We all love our pets – and now it's the time for your cats, dogs and other furry animals to show their star qualities in our annual Pets on Parade competition.
Every year, The Journal teams up with Picture Studios, in Lowestoft town centre, to encourage people to vote for the best pets.
The winners and runners-up receive some top prizes from the photography studio based in London Road North – and truly become stars of the town.
But even those that don't win get their moment in the spotlight, as we publish a special pull-out featuring the pictures of all the entries.
To ensure your pet is in with a chance of winning, call Picture Studios on 01502 573154 to make an appointment to have your pet's photo taken, or drop into the premises at 117 London Road North, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Those wishing to enter MUST fill in and hand over the entry form on page 33 of The Journal before any photos are taken.
Early booking is highly recommended.
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 7 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 8 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
Photos are to be taken next week.
There are three categories – top cat, top dog and top pet, for animals other than cats and dogs.
The owner of the winning pet in each category will receive a 20in x 16in canvas wrap portrait, worth £190.
Runners-up will get a 10in x 8in framed portrait, worth £60, with a 7in x 5in portrait – worth £46 – going to those in third place.