Store collections boost worthy causes
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers from the Lowestoft-based Lauren Lou appeal, which continues to raise money and awareness in aid of cancer charities and local causes, have been boosted by two recent collections.
Last Friday, October 6 funds were raised for Cancer Research UK as a Stand up to Cancer event was held at the Morrisons store in Beccles. The event raised £641.65.
A collection was also held at the Morrisons store on the North Quay Retail Park in Lowestoft, with £606.94 raised for the local cancer appeals fund.
Gary Bennett, of Team Lauren Lou, said: 'This made a grand total of £1,248.59 over the two days – an awesome total.
'Thank you to both Morrisons stores respectively for having us in their stores and a massive thanks to their kind, generous donating customers.
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you also to my Team Lauren Lou volunteers for covering the two days to raise this awesome amount.'
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 5 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 8 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend