Store collections boost worthy causes
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers from the Lowestoft-based Lauren Lou appeal, which continues to raise money and awareness in aid of cancer charities and local causes, have been boosted by two recent collections.
Last Friday, October 6 funds were raised for Cancer Research UK as a Stand up to Cancer event was held at the Morrisons store in Beccles. The event raised £641.65.
A collection was also held at the Morrisons store on the North Quay Retail Park in Lowestoft, with £606.94 raised for the local cancer appeals fund.
Gary Bennett, of Team Lauren Lou, said: 'This made a grand total of £1,248.59 over the two days – an awesome total.
'Thank you to both Morrisons stores respectively for having us in their stores and a massive thanks to their kind, generous donating customers.
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you also to my Team Lauren Lou volunteers for covering the two days to raise this awesome amount.'
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 6 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 7 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft