Students donate eggs and sell cakes in charity events
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff from Ormiston Denes Academy offered some Easter cheer to those in need with two charitable events at the school.
The school has collected food items for the Lowestoft Food Bank, run by staff and volunteers at Lowestoft Community Church, each Christmas.
This week, however, the school asked staff and students to donate chocolate eggs to the centre to help support families in need at this time of year.
Members of the school's senior student team went into each house assembly to announce to donations to the whole student cohort, and went around the school collecting eggs and chocolates as they were donated.
The collection of eggs were kindly collected up by volunteers from the foodbank, who thanked the students for their generosity.
You may also want to watch:
The donation followed the school's celebration of Pi Day with a bake sale in support of the charity TOPCATS. A total of £115 was raised by the school on Wednesday, March 14, with a cheque presented to the charity by students.
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 5 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 6 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 7 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 8 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 9 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 10 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover