Students donate eggs and sell cakes in charity events
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff from Ormiston Denes Academy offered some Easter cheer to those in need with two charitable events at the school.
The school has collected food items for the Lowestoft Food Bank, run by staff and volunteers at Lowestoft Community Church, each Christmas.
This week, however, the school asked staff and students to donate chocolate eggs to the centre to help support families in need at this time of year.
Members of the school's senior student team went into each house assembly to announce to donations to the whole student cohort, and went around the school collecting eggs and chocolates as they were donated.
The collection of eggs were kindly collected up by volunteers from the foodbank, who thanked the students for their generosity.
You may also want to watch:
The donation followed the school's celebration of Pi Day with a bake sale in support of the charity TOPCATS. A total of £115 was raised by the school on Wednesday, March 14, with a cheque presented to the charity by students.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 4 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 5 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 6 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 7 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment