Stunning image of swans swimming at sunrise wins our Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning photograph of swans swimming in the River Waveney as the sun rises was taken by Kirsty Tatum, 32, from Beccles.
It was captured on her iPhone on December 28 at 7am along the stretch of the river between Bungay and Ellingham Mill.
She said: 'Myself and friends who are all part of a group of scouting leaders across the Waveney District are keen paddlers and have wanted to go on a sunrise paddle for a long time in winter. We set off very early in the morning from Bungay to Ellingham, had cooked breakfast on the bank and paddled back to Bungay.
'I was in the front of the canoe and we were still paddling along at the time so I didn't have to wait for the photo and the swans don't normally like us going pass and fly off but they were very calm this early in the morning.
'I am very surprised and pleased my photo has won, as it's my favourite photo I've taken of the River Waveney and I spend a lot of time paddling along it. It also sums up such a lovely winter sunrise morning and even better with all the reflections especially with all the colours of the sunrise and the swan silhouettes too.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Kirsty receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. Email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'