Stunning photograph of egret wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This amazing photograph of an egret at Hen Reedbeds in Reydon was taken by Lee Ardley of Oulton Broad.
He captured the image on his Nikon D7200 camera last Saturday.
Mr Ardley, 31, said: 'It was a very early start to the day arriving there at about 6:40am when the sun was just coming up.
'I went with two friends, Kevin Coote and Richard Tomsett, both former winners of this competition too.'
He added: 'After sitting around patiently for hours on end this egret made a visit to the hide we were in. We sat watching him fish for sometime trying our best not to scare him away.
You may also want to watch:
'Our patience paid off and I was lucky enough to capture this image.
'I'm very happy to have won this competition again- it's nice knowing that the locals will see the beautiful wildlife we have in this area.'
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
As our winner, Mr Ardley receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. Email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org