Stunning photograph of egret wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This amazing photograph of an egret at Hen Reedbeds in Reydon was taken by Lee Ardley of Oulton Broad.
He captured the image on his Nikon D7200 camera last Saturday.
Mr Ardley, 31, said: 'It was a very early start to the day arriving there at about 6:40am when the sun was just coming up.
'I went with two friends, Kevin Coote and Richard Tomsett, both former winners of this competition too.'
He added: 'After sitting around patiently for hours on end this egret made a visit to the hide we were in. We sat watching him fish for sometime trying our best not to scare him away.
You may also want to watch:
'Our patience paid off and I was lucky enough to capture this image.
'I'm very happy to have won this competition again- it's nice knowing that the locals will see the beautiful wildlife we have in this area.'
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
As our winner, Mr Ardley receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. Email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org