Stunning photograph of egret wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This amazing photograph of an egret at Hen Reedbeds in Reydon was taken by Lee Ardley of Oulton Broad.
He captured the image on his Nikon D7200 camera last Saturday.
Mr Ardley, 31, said: 'It was a very early start to the day arriving there at about 6:40am when the sun was just coming up.
'I went with two friends, Kevin Coote and Richard Tomsett, both former winners of this competition too.'
He added: 'After sitting around patiently for hours on end this egret made a visit to the hide we were in. We sat watching him fish for sometime trying our best not to scare him away.
You may also want to watch:
'Our patience paid off and I was lucky enough to capture this image.
'I'm very happy to have won this competition again- it's nice knowing that the locals will see the beautiful wildlife we have in this area.'
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 4 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 5 Fourth place for Giarnni and GB quartet in team gymnastics Olympic final
- 6 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 7 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 8 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Lorry in collision with a tree near Halesworth
As our winner, Mr Ardley receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. Email pictures to email@example.com