Stunning pier soaring seagull sunset shot wins Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning photograph of the seafront taken from the edge of the South Pier has been crowned as the Lowestoft Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by Jenny Bird last Sunday, as she cycled from her home in Oulton Broad with her husband to the pier and back.
"It had been a lovely still day. The sky was just fabulous so we cycled down to the end of the pier and took this on my P20 Hauwai Pro mobile phone," she said.
"We then bumped into friends we haven't seen for years and ended up having a late lunch in the Hatfield."
Mrs Bird said she took nearly a dozen pictures to get one with a seagull in.
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mrs Bird receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school