Stunning puffin shot wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning shot of a puffin captured at Farne Islands off Northumbria, has taken the crown as Picture of the Week.
Barbara Moore, 64, of Oulton Broad, took it on her Canon camera during a trip earlier this month.
She said: 'I've wanted to see puffins since I was a teenager, it's one of the wildlife spectacles of Britain, an amazing thing to see. There are thousands of breeding birds on the Farne Islands including guilemots, razorbills, little terns and puffins.
'Birds are continually flying in with beaks full of fish to keep their hungry offspring fed.
'I love puffins clown-like faces and thought the picture I took captured this.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Barbara receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 2 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 4 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 5 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 6 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 8 Joy as supported living service retains 'good' CQC inspection result
- 9 Wartime evacuees set to reunite in Lowestoft
- 10 Mountain bike stolen from outside gym on retail park