Stunning puffin shot wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning shot of a puffin captured at Farne Islands off Northumbria, has taken the crown as Picture of the Week.
Barbara Moore, 64, of Oulton Broad, took it on her Canon camera during a trip earlier this month.
She said: 'I've wanted to see puffins since I was a teenager, it's one of the wildlife spectacles of Britain, an amazing thing to see. There are thousands of breeding birds on the Farne Islands including guilemots, razorbills, little terns and puffins.
'Birds are continually flying in with beaks full of fish to keep their hungry offspring fed.
'I love puffins clown-like faces and thought the picture I took captured this.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Barbara receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 7 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 8 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 9 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 10 Empty town centre shop sells at auction