Stunning scene wins The Journal’s weekly photographic competition
- Credit: Archant
This remarkable photograph of Kilchurn Castle, Loch Awe in Scotland was taken by 60-year-old Georgina Brown, of Lowestoft.
She captured the image on her Lumix G8X camera, which her husband bought her as a joint present for her 60th birthday and the couple's Ruby wedding anniversary.
She said: 'The picture was taken at Loch Awe, Scotland, where we were on holiday last week.
'This picture was taken on a bright evening about 5pm. The Loch was still and the reflection was quite good.
'I like taking scenic photos- it took a couple of days to get this picture as most days were dull and murky.
You may also want to watch:
'This is my third win and I was over the moon when I received phone call informing me of the win - very chuffed.'
As our winner, Georgina receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 5 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. Email your pictures to email@example.com