Stunning shot secures special double
- Credit: Archant
A keen amateur photographer has swooped in to secure a special double.
For this stunning close-up of a Painted Lady Butterfly has ensured Sue Dale has won our popular Picture of the Week competition once more.
And it means that Mrs Dale, of Blackberry Way, Oulton, has now triumphed twice in our contest.
Not only was Mrs Dale quick off the mark to capture this stunning photo as the butterfly landed on the patio outside of her home in Oulton, it comes a year after her previous success – when in September 2014, she secured an inaugural win with a super photo of a dragonfly.
And delighted with her latest victory, Mrs Dale said: 'This Painted Lady Butterfly was taken in our garden in Oulton last month.
You may also want to watch:
'I always take my camera everywhere with me, and this was just one of those moments (of being in the right place at the right time) as the butterfly landed on our patio.'
As our winner, Mrs Dale receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 8 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 9 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 10 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, she is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130. Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images.
We also accept prints but we cannot guarantee their return.
To enter the contest, email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and a mobile number too if possible) to: firstname.lastname@example.org putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.