Stunning structure secures special first success
- Credit: Archant
A first time entrant in our popular Picture of the Week competition was celebrating after securing the top prize.
Sam Purvis, of north Lowestoft, was photo-cataloguing images for his family of where he was working – when he captured this stunning shot while crossing the Bristol Channel.
Delighted with how this image turned out, and the response it received from his sons Aiden and Finley, and fiancée Lauren, he admitted it was a 'right result' after it was also chosen as this week's winner.
Mr Purvis said: 'I was on my way back from Wales, where I was working last Friday and wanted to get some photos of the bridge for my sons. The sun was perfect behind the main steelworks and I was well chuffed with how the image came out. As I travel up and down the country for my work I tend to photo-catalogue the places for my family – and this came out perfectly.'
As our winner, Sam receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
You may also want to watch:
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images. To enter the contest, email us your pictures, along with your details (daytime phone number and a mobile too) to: firstname.lastname@example.org putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault