Stunning structure secures special first success
- Credit: Archant
A first time entrant in our popular Picture of the Week competition was celebrating after securing the top prize.
Sam Purvis, of north Lowestoft, was photo-cataloguing images for his family of where he was working – when he captured this stunning shot while crossing the Bristol Channel.
Delighted with how this image turned out, and the response it received from his sons Aiden and Finley, and fiancée Lauren, he admitted it was a 'right result' after it was also chosen as this week's winner.
Mr Purvis said: 'I was on my way back from Wales, where I was working last Friday and wanted to get some photos of the bridge for my sons. The sun was perfect behind the main steelworks and I was well chuffed with how the image came out. As I travel up and down the country for my work I tend to photo-catalogue the places for my family – and this came out perfectly.'
As our winner, Sam receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
You may also want to watch:
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images. To enter the contest, email us your pictures, along with your details (daytime phone number and a mobile too) to: email@example.com putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 3 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 4 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 7 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 8 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'