Sublime sunset shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This breathtaking photograph of a sunset perfectly framed by bushes was taken by 78-year-old Sid Cole.
Capturing the final fleeting moments of daylight, the snap was taken at Nicholas Everitt Park in Oulton Broad in December last year.
Mr Cole, of Tubby Walk, in Lowestoft used his Canon 5D with a 70-200mm lens.
He said: 'I had gone over to Everitt's to get some sunset shots.
'Last week I was creating an album of sunsets and this one stood out. It was such a tranquil scene.
You may also want to watch:
'I was walking along a path and saw it nicely framed through the bushes.'
As our winner, Mr Cole receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com.