Sublime sunset shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This breathtaking photograph of a sunset perfectly framed by bushes was taken by 78-year-old Sid Cole.
Capturing the final fleeting moments of daylight, the snap was taken at Nicholas Everitt Park in Oulton Broad in December last year.
Mr Cole, of Tubby Walk, in Lowestoft used his Canon 5D with a 70-200mm lens.
He said: 'I had gone over to Everitt's to get some sunset shots.
'Last week I was creating an album of sunsets and this one stood out. It was such a tranquil scene.
You may also want to watch:
'I was walking along a path and saw it nicely framed through the bushes.'
As our winner, Mr Cole receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 4 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 5 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 6 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 9 Coastal Post Office branch to close for four weeks
- 10 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com.