Success in regional contest for the Friends of Nicholas Everitt Park
- Credit: Archant
A group of dedicated volunteers have expressed pride after they were honoured with a prestigious award.
The hard work of the Friends of Nicholas Everitt Park was recognised in the regional In Bloom contest as the popular park in Oulton Broad triumphed in one of the categories.
A spokesman for the group said: 'The group of dedicated volunteers at Nicholas Everitt Park are very proud that their hard work has paid off once again, with the park winning the Gold Award for small parks in this year's Anglia in Bloom Awards.
'The volunteers meet every Thursday morning between 9.30am and noon to carry out various tasks around the park.
'New volunteers are very welcome, so if you like working outdoors please come and join us!' the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured are some of the volunteers, with Marie holding the Gold Award.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 4 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft