Success in regional contest for the Friends of Nicholas Everitt Park
- Credit: Archant
A group of dedicated volunteers have expressed pride after they were honoured with a prestigious award.
The hard work of the Friends of Nicholas Everitt Park was recognised in the regional In Bloom contest as the popular park in Oulton Broad triumphed in one of the categories.
A spokesman for the group said: 'The group of dedicated volunteers at Nicholas Everitt Park are very proud that their hard work has paid off once again, with the park winning the Gold Award for small parks in this year's Anglia in Bloom Awards.
'The volunteers meet every Thursday morning between 9.30am and noon to carry out various tasks around the park.
'New volunteers are very welcome, so if you like working outdoors please come and join us!' the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured are some of the volunteers, with Marie holding the Gold Award.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 4 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 7 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts