Success in regional contest for the Friends of Nicholas Everitt Park
- Credit: Archant
A group of dedicated volunteers have expressed pride after they were honoured with a prestigious award.
The hard work of the Friends of Nicholas Everitt Park was recognised in the regional In Bloom contest as the popular park in Oulton Broad triumphed in one of the categories.
A spokesman for the group said: 'The group of dedicated volunteers at Nicholas Everitt Park are very proud that their hard work has paid off once again, with the park winning the Gold Award for small parks in this year's Anglia in Bloom Awards.
'The volunteers meet every Thursday morning between 9.30am and noon to carry out various tasks around the park.
'New volunteers are very welcome, so if you like working outdoors please come and join us!' the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured are some of the volunteers, with Marie holding the Gold Award.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 5 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 6 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 10 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal