‘Bubbles everywhere’: Hundreds enjoy inaugural East Coast event
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people had some amazing fun in the bubbles as an inaugural event was hailed a success.
Masses of coloured bubbles were pumped out as a popular 5k fun run with a difference hit Normanston Park in Lowestoft on Saturday, June 22.
The East Coast Bubble Rush - a family-friendly 5k fun run with lots of colourful bubbles - attracted hundreds of families and friends.
After a warm up and Zumba exercises with Sarah Chow and Nigel Shipp, entrants were sent off around the 5k course in two waves.
More than 400 people set off at 11am, with around 350 heading off at noon. They completed two laps of a winding 5Km course around Normanston Park passing four bubble stations along the way, where foam cannons pumped out masses of different coloured bubbles that created a bath of bubbles.
With the event raising funds for the East Coast Hospice appeal, in a post on the East Coast Hospice Facebook page, organisers said: "What an amazing day! "Bubbles everywhere.
"Thank you to everyone that joined in the 'bubble' fun!
- 1 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park
- 2 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 3 Man, 33, charged following Lowestoft burglary
- 4 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 5 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 6 Green light to restore High Street shopfronts dating back to 1860s
- 7 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 8 Motorbike stolen during overnight theft in Lowestoft
- 9 Police hunt wanted man with links along Norfolk and Waveney coast
- 10 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
"Bubble Rush supporting the East Coast Hospice appeal will be back for more foam-tastic fun in 2020.
"See you in the bubbles again."
As well as enjoying the fun run, those taking part all received a Bubble Rush t-shirt - that many wore at the event - and a medal at the finishing line.