Successful summer concert for Saint Felix School pupils
- Credit: Archant
A summer concert has celebrated musical talent and accomplishment.
Saint Felix School in Reydon held their annual concert earlier this month in Blythburgh Church, with a diverse selection of musical performances on show.
These ranged from Bernstein and Sondheim to Mozart, Britten and the 80 voices of the massed school choirs and Saint Felix Choral Society.
The evening began with a performance of 'Can you hear me?' by Bob Chilcott, sung and signed by the Prep School Choir together with Year 7 pupils, followed by solos and duets on instruments including flute and trumpet, building up to the Candide quartet 'Life is Happiness Indeed.'
The second half opened with Britten's St Nicholas, performed by the Saint Felix Choral Society, with a violin solo by choirmaster Noel Vine.
You may also want to watch:
This was followed by James Whitborne's 'Son of God Mass' with a saxophone solo by the school's director of music Luke Allen.
The evening was rounded off by Eriks Ešenvalds' 'Only in Sleep', sung by the school's chamber choir, to loud applause.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 7 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft