Successful summer concert for Saint Felix School pupils
- Credit: Archant
A summer concert has celebrated musical talent and accomplishment.
Saint Felix School in Reydon held their annual concert earlier this month in Blythburgh Church, with a diverse selection of musical performances on show.
These ranged from Bernstein and Sondheim to Mozart, Britten and the 80 voices of the massed school choirs and Saint Felix Choral Society.
The evening began with a performance of 'Can you hear me?' by Bob Chilcott, sung and signed by the Prep School Choir together with Year 7 pupils, followed by solos and duets on instruments including flute and trumpet, building up to the Candide quartet 'Life is Happiness Indeed.'
The second half opened with Britten's St Nicholas, performed by the Saint Felix Choral Society, with a violin solo by choirmaster Noel Vine.
You may also want to watch:
This was followed by James Whitborne's 'Son of God Mass' with a saxophone solo by the school's director of music Luke Allen.
The evening was rounded off by Eriks Ešenvalds' 'Only in Sleep', sung by the school's chamber choir, to loud applause.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014