Free creative workshops for family carers
- Credit: Archant
An arts charity has unveiled a series of new workshops for adult family carers.
After the success of an initial workshop last year, Suffolk Artlink has announced the free new arts workshops in Lowestoft as part of their Around the Table project.
The new sessions for family carers are free of charge and will take place at the Kirkley Centre in Lowestoft on January 25, February 23 and March 23 with more planned to follow later in the year.
A spokesman for Suffolk Artlink said: 'By exploring food, creativity and culture in regular workshops, we will give adult family carers an opportunity to gain respite from their caring role, develop new support systems, learn new skills and build their confidence.'
Workshops will be led by experienced chefs, food-led practitioners and artists.
You may also want to watch:
After the 'huge success' of the first workshop last November, Claire, a family carer, said: 'Really enjoyed it, learning something new. I wouldn't normally get the chance to meet other adult carers'.
Participants are welcome to attend as many or as few of the workshops as they are able. No experience is necessary and reasonable travel costs can also be provided.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
The Suffolk Artlink spokesman added: 'The long-term aim of Around the Table is to work together towards a carer-led initiative which continues beyond the project's lifetime.'
The next Around the Table workshop on Thursday, January 25, from 10am to 12.30pm, sees chef Sam Hanison and artist Kasia Posen explore the preservation of food, its decorative and sensory qualities.
The following two workshops on Friday, February 23 and March 23, between 1.30pm and 4pm, will see chef Daniela Paiva and artist Vicki Johnson explore creative solutions for everyday eating.
All workshops take place at the Kirkley Centre on London Road South, Lowestoft.
To book onto any of the workshops, or to find out more about the schedule, contact Carrie Phoenix via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01986 873955. Places are limited, so please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Are you holding an event in Lowestoft? Tell The Journal by calling 01502 525820 or email email@example.com