New art exhibition to take centre stage
- Credit: Archant
A free arts exhibition, featuring work created by local artists with learning disabilities, will start next week.
Arts charity, Suffolk Artlink, are inviting people to attend the exhibition at the Coconut Loft from Thursday, June 21 to Friday, June 29.
The exhibition is the culmination of Suffolk Artlink's arts training course, JumpstART, which offers adults with learning disabilities the chance to enjoy exploring different art forms.
During the past few months, students have been exploring the human body through art. The exhibition features a selection of the students' work, including drawing and painting, textiles and sculpture.
A private view will be held at The Coconut Loft, in Waterloo Road, next Thursday from 1.30pm to 3.30pm. Fran Speight, project development officer for Suffolk Artlink, said: 'We've had a fantastic time exploring the human body this term. With the support of a wide variety of professional artists, our students have made some beautiful pieces - they are are really looking forward to sharing them with you.'
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition and private view are free, and open to the public, with no booking required.
For more information, please visit www.suffolkartlink.org.uk or contact Fran Speight via 01986 873955 or email email@example.com
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 7 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man