Suffolk braced for possible flooding
SUFFOLK woke to a miserable morning of rainfall and localised flooding and forecasters say more unfavourable weather is due.Winds will get up to near gale force over the weekend and as strong as 60mph on the coast where the worst of a large and complex depression will batter our shores.
SUFFOLK woke to a miserable morning of rainfall and localised flooding and forecasters say more unfavourable weather is due.
Winds will get up to near gale force over the weekend and as strong as 60mph on the coast where the worst of a large and complex depression will batter our shores.
Conditions will progressively worsen today as inclement weather begins to move across the British Isles from the south west.
Weather expert Ken Blowers said to expect a 'pretty grim weekend' with periods of heavy rain at times over the next few days. 'Saturday will become worse with gusts of up to 40 or 50mph inland,' he said. 'Gale force winds will continue for much of the day, followed by further spells of heavy rain or blustery showers.'
You may also want to watch:
Steady rainfall coupled with blustery winds will pose a risk of flooding in parts of the county and the advice is to batten down the hatches.
Temperatures are unlikely to drop below 12C during the day but high winds will make it feel decidedly chillier.
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 4 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 5 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 6 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 7 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 8 Golf club forced to move tees after dunes collapse
- 9 Investigations continue after drugs seized during raid
- 10 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast