Suffolk braced for possible flooding
SUFFOLK woke to a miserable morning of rainfall and localised flooding and forecasters say more unfavourable weather is due.Winds will get up to near gale force over the weekend and as strong as 60mph on the coast where the worst of a large and complex depression will batter our shores.
SUFFOLK woke to a miserable morning of rainfall and localised flooding and forecasters say more unfavourable weather is due.
Winds will get up to near gale force over the weekend and as strong as 60mph on the coast where the worst of a large and complex depression will batter our shores.
Conditions will progressively worsen today as inclement weather begins to move across the British Isles from the south west.
Weather expert Ken Blowers said to expect a 'pretty grim weekend' with periods of heavy rain at times over the next few days. 'Saturday will become worse with gusts of up to 40 or 50mph inland,' he said. 'Gale force winds will continue for much of the day, followed by further spells of heavy rain or blustery showers.'
You may also want to watch:
Steady rainfall coupled with blustery winds will pose a risk of flooding in parts of the county and the advice is to batten down the hatches.
Temperatures are unlikely to drop below 12C during the day but high winds will make it feel decidedly chillier.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced