Suffolk cider named world's best
ONE of Suffolk's most famous brands has picked up a string of top honours at an international awards ceremony.Varieties produced by Aspall Cyder, based in Aspall, near Debenham, picked the titles of World's Best Cider, World's Best Dry Cider, World's Best Speciality Cider and World's Best Medium Cider at the World Cider Awards 2009.
ONE of Suffolk's most famous brands has picked up a string of top honours at an international awards ceremony.
Varieties produced by Aspall Cyder, based in Aspall, near Debenham, picked the titles of World's Best Cider, World's Best Dry Cider, World's Best Speciality Cider and World's Best Medium Cider at the World Cider Awards 2009.
The awards were set up in 2008 to draw attention to the vast array of exceptional ciders on the market and for the second year running, Aspall products have come up trumps.
Aspall Premier Cru, the company's flagship cider, was named the best in the world for the second successive year, as well as grabbing the best dry cider accolade.
You may also want to watch:
Other varieties from the range were also singled out, with Aspall Organic Suffolk Cyder named the top speciality brew and Aspall Draught Suffolk Cyder (bottled format) scooping the World's Best Medium Cider.
Barry Chevallier Guild, Aspall partner, said: 'To win the World's Best Cider Award with Aspall Premier Cru for a second year running is phenomenal, but our other cyders also winning the World's Best Cider Awards for their categories reflects the huge strength of the range.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 3 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 4 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track
- 9 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 10 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
'We are delighted with these exceptional results which we believe reflect the fact that quality has, and always will, come first and foremost for us.
'All our cyders are made from a complex blend of both bitter-sweet and culinary apples and are fermented from 100% apple juice, which gives them their exquisite taste profile.'