Suffolk: Cold snap to return
DRIVERS are being urged to watch out for icy roads this week as temperatures plummet.The warning comes as the county prepares to experience another cold patch of wintery weather.
DRIVERS are being urged to watch out for icy roads this week as temperatures plummet.
The warning comes as the county prepares to experience another cold patch of wintery weather.
The chance of snow and sleet flurries occurring remains highs as temperatures stay low for the rest of the week.
John Law, a forecaster for Weatherquest, said: 'There will be some wintery showers today coupled with a cloudy start.
You may also want to watch:
'Temperatures will rise in the afternoon to four or five degrees and we may even see spells of sunshine.
'However, temperatures will drop to freezing over night and there may well be a frost tomorrow morning.'
- 1 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 2 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 5 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 6 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 7 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 8 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 9 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 10 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
The outlook for the rest of the week remains cold with intermittent wintery showers.
Mr Law added: 'There will be a few more showers throughout the week which may consist of snow or sleet.
'It's not going to be brilliantly warm with daytime temperatures remaining around four or five degrees.
'There will be some cold nights resulting in frosty mornings this week so drivers will need to take extra care.'