Suffolk County Council latest: Special disciplinary committee set to gather next week
A special committee that discusses disciplinary matters and complaints against staff is due to meet at Suffolk County Council's Endeavour House headquarters next week.
The discipline and appeals committee does not have a regular schedule of meetings, unlike most other county bodies, it only meets when there is a specific matter to discuss.
A meeting of the committee has been called for next Friday – although the details of what will be on the agenda are likely to remain confidential.
A spokesman for the county council could not comment on whether the committee would be discussing issues arising from the inquiry into an 'anonymous whistle-blowing complaint' against chief executive Andrea Hill apparently made by a member of the legal services team.
Mrs Hill has been on extended leave while the inquiry was carried out by London-based international law firm Wragge and Co, which deals with many local authorities across the whole country.
You may also want to watch:
The firm was due to complete its interviews with staff at the county council last week and was due to present a report to the county as soon as possible.
The committee is unusual in that it does not meet in public because of the confidential nature of the matters that it has to discuss.
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 4 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 7 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
However while its deliberations will be in private, it is understood a decision about the outcome of the meeting will be published after it has concluded.