Suffolk County Council latest: Special disciplinary committee set to gather next week
A special committee that discusses disciplinary matters and complaints against staff is due to meet at Suffolk County Council's Endeavour House headquarters next week.
The discipline and appeals committee does not have a regular schedule of meetings, unlike most other county bodies, it only meets when there is a specific matter to discuss.
A meeting of the committee has been called for next Friday – although the details of what will be on the agenda are likely to remain confidential.
A spokesman for the county council could not comment on whether the committee would be discussing issues arising from the inquiry into an 'anonymous whistle-blowing complaint' against chief executive Andrea Hill apparently made by a member of the legal services team.
Mrs Hill has been on extended leave while the inquiry was carried out by London-based international law firm Wragge and Co, which deals with many local authorities across the whole country.
You may also want to watch:
The firm was due to complete its interviews with staff at the county council last week and was due to present a report to the county as soon as possible.
The committee is unusual in that it does not meet in public because of the confidential nature of the matters that it has to discuss.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 5 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 6 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 7 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
However while its deliberations will be in private, it is understood a decision about the outcome of the meeting will be published after it has concluded.