Suffolk Family History Society
The September meeting of the society will be held at the United Reformed Church on Tuesday, September 1, when David Summers will be speaking on the life and work of George Skipper - Norfolk Architect 1856-1948.
The September meeting of the society will be held at the United Reformed Church on Tuesday, September 1, when David Summers will be speaking on the life and work of George Skipper - Norfolk Architect 1856-1948. George Skipper, a Norwich based architect, designed imposing buildings in Norwich, notably Bignold House in Surrey Street, the headquarters of Norwich Union Insurance Company.
The society meet on the first Tuesday of each month and have a programme of interesting speakers scheduled for the year. Non-members fee is 1.50.
For further information please contact the secretary Beryl Capps 01502 562584 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Doors are open at 7pm enabling members (and non-members) to browse the extensive library of CDs, books and publications available. If you are researching your Suffolk family connections why not join the group.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 2 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 3 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 5 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 6 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 7 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 10 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds