Suffolk Family History Society
The September meeting of the society will be held at the United Reformed Church on Tuesday, September 1, when David Summers will be speaking on the life and work of George Skipper - Norfolk Architect 1856-1948.
The September meeting of the society will be held at the United Reformed Church on Tuesday, September 1, when David Summers will be speaking on the life and work of George Skipper - Norfolk Architect 1856-1948. George Skipper, a Norwich based architect, designed imposing buildings in Norwich, notably Bignold House in Surrey Street, the headquarters of Norwich Union Insurance Company.
The society meet on the first Tuesday of each month and have a programme of interesting speakers scheduled for the year. Non-members fee is 1.50.
For further information please contact the secretary Beryl Capps 01502 562584 or e-mail email@example.com
Doors are open at 7pm enabling members (and non-members) to browse the extensive library of CDs, books and publications available. If you are researching your Suffolk family connections why not join the group.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 6 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 9 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight