Suffolk Family History Society
The September meeting of the society will be held at the United Reformed Church on Tuesday, September 1, when David Summers will be speaking on the life and work of George Skipper - Norfolk Architect 1856-1948.
The September meeting of the society will be held at the United Reformed Church on Tuesday, September 1, when David Summers will be speaking on the life and work of George Skipper - Norfolk Architect 1856-1948. George Skipper, a Norwich based architect, designed imposing buildings in Norwich, notably Bignold House in Surrey Street, the headquarters of Norwich Union Insurance Company.
The society meet on the first Tuesday of each month and have a programme of interesting speakers scheduled for the year. Non-members fee is 1.50.
For further information please contact the secretary Beryl Capps 01502 562584 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Doors are open at 7pm enabling members (and non-members) to browse the extensive library of CDs, books and publications available. If you are researching your Suffolk family connections why not join the group.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 3 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 4 A146 reopens after hydraulic fluid spill
- 5 Former Brexit Party MP hopeful dies in Bahamas diving accident
- 6 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 7 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 8 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 9 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death