Have a go taster sessions aim to recruit wholetime firefighters
- Credit: Nick Butcher
People are being encouraged to find out more about a possible career in the Fire and Rescue Service as taster day sessions are held across Suffolk.
And with two taster day sessions being held at Lowestoft South Fire Station tomorrow (Saturday, January 20), there are still vacant places on the afternoon session.
In the spring of 2018, Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service will be recruiting new wholetime firefighters for the first time in several years.
A brigade spokesman said: 'We want to make sure we have the best people applying, and to help us find them we are holding a number of 'Have a Go' taster sessions throughout the county.
'If you are 18 years of age or older and are reasonably fit and healthy, come along to one of our events and find out about a career in the Fire and Rescue Service.'
You may also want to watch:
With sessions having already been held at Haverhill, Ipswich and Newmarket, the taster day sessions at Lowestoft South Fire Station in Stradbroke Road are being held from 10am to noon and from 1pm to 3pm tomorrow.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 7 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 8 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney