Have a go taster sessions aim to recruit wholetime firefighters
- Credit: Nick Butcher
People are being encouraged to find out more about a possible career in the Fire and Rescue Service as taster day sessions are held across Suffolk.
And with two taster day sessions being held at Lowestoft South Fire Station tomorrow (Saturday, January 20), there are still vacant places on the afternoon session.
In the spring of 2018, Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service will be recruiting new wholetime firefighters for the first time in several years.
A brigade spokesman said: 'We want to make sure we have the best people applying, and to help us find them we are holding a number of 'Have a Go' taster sessions throughout the county.
'If you are 18 years of age or older and are reasonably fit and healthy, come along to one of our events and find out about a career in the Fire and Rescue Service.'
You may also want to watch:
With sessions having already been held at Haverhill, Ipswich and Newmarket, the taster day sessions at Lowestoft South Fire Station in Stradbroke Road are being held from 10am to noon and from 1pm to 3pm tomorrow.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 5 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 8 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 9 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 10 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week