Have a go taster sessions aim to recruit wholetime firefighters
- Credit: Nick Butcher
People are being encouraged to find out more about a possible career in the Fire and Rescue Service as taster day sessions are held across Suffolk.
And with two taster day sessions being held at Lowestoft South Fire Station tomorrow (Saturday, January 20), there are still vacant places on the afternoon session.
In the spring of 2018, Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service will be recruiting new wholetime firefighters for the first time in several years.
A brigade spokesman said: 'We want to make sure we have the best people applying, and to help us find them we are holding a number of 'Have a Go' taster sessions throughout the county.
'If you are 18 years of age or older and are reasonably fit and healthy, come along to one of our events and find out about a career in the Fire and Rescue Service.'
You may also want to watch:
With sessions having already been held at Haverhill, Ipswich and Newmarket, the taster day sessions at Lowestoft South Fire Station in Stradbroke Road are being held from 10am to noon and from 1pm to 3pm tomorrow.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'