Beat the January blues with Suffolk Libraries
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A host of wellbeing-focused events and activities will be taking place in libraries across Suffolk in the New Year to help people improve their mindfulness and everyday wellbeing.
Suffolk Libraries is holding its first ever Wellbeing Campaign - 'Jumpstart January' throughout January 2020.
During the month there will be free wellbeing drop-ins and health check-ups.
Jumpstart January events will consist of mindfulness workshops, workshops focused on managing stress and everyday wellbeing and drop-ins that will supply hot drinks and conversation.
These activities are run in partnership with Wellbeing Suffolk and will be taking place across 33 libraries.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Lungley, mental health and wellbeing co-ordinator at Suffolk Libraries, said: "We are thrilled to be launching our very first wellbeing month campaign, Jumpstart January."
Cuppa and chat drop-ins will be held on January 15 at Southwold Library between 10am and noon and at Kessingland Library from 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
Full details of the wellbeing events are available at www.suffolklibraries.co.uk/jumpstart
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise