Suffolk: Man arrested in murder inquiry
A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the body of a woman was found in Suffolk this morning (Friday).Police were contacted just after 6.
A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the body of a woman was found in Suffolk this morning (Friday).
Police were contacted just after 6.45am by the ambulance service reporting that a woman had been stabbed at an address in Main Road in Marlesford. She had been found by a family member.
Police and ambulance personnel attended and the woman - believed to be in her late 40s to 50s - was found dead at the scene. The property has been cordoned off while a forensic examination gets underway.
A short time later the man was arrested on suspicion of murder. Officers made the arrest after the man crashed a van he was driving off the A12 at Wickham Market. He has been taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment for suspected spinal injuries and is currently under police guard.
You may also want to watch:
A search will also be conducted at the scene of the collision.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have been in the area between midnight and 7am this morning who may have seen or heard anything that may be relevant to the enquiry. If you can help, please call Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
- 10 Brit Award winner cancels Latitude and Norwich shows due to Covid