Suffolk: Man arrested in murder inquiry
A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the body of a woman was found in Suffolk this morning (Friday).Police were contacted just after 6.
A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the body of a woman was found in Suffolk this morning (Friday).
Police were contacted just after 6.45am by the ambulance service reporting that a woman had been stabbed at an address in Main Road in Marlesford. She had been found by a family member.
Police and ambulance personnel attended and the woman - believed to be in her late 40s to 50s - was found dead at the scene. The property has been cordoned off while a forensic examination gets underway.
A short time later the man was arrested on suspicion of murder. Officers made the arrest after the man crashed a van he was driving off the A12 at Wickham Market. He has been taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment for suspected spinal injuries and is currently under police guard.
You may also want to watch:
A search will also be conducted at the scene of the collision.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have been in the area between midnight and 7am this morning who may have seen or heard anything that may be relevant to the enquiry. If you can help, please call Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 4 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 5 Preparation begins for Lowestoft's crucial flood defence work
- 6 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 7 Golf club forced to move tees after dunes collapse
- 8 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 9 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 10 Mountain bike stolen during the night prompts police appeal