Suffolk man to earn �2.75m if horse wins
A MYSTERY punter from Suffolk will donate �2.75million to the Royal British Legion if his horse wins on Saturday.The unknown benefactor won almost �670,000 with a �2 stake on the Tote Scoop 6 last weekend.
A MYSTERY punter from Suffolk will donate �2.75million to the Royal British Legion if his horse wins on Saturday.
The unknown benefactor won almost �670,000 with a �2 stake on the Tote Scoop 6 last weekend.
Now he has the chance to scoop another �2.75million - the biggest payout in UK betting history - if he can pick the winner of this weekend's Tote Scoop 6 bonus race.
But the unidentified punter has already told bookies that if he wins again he wants the cash handed to the Royal British Legion in Suffolk to help support past members of the armed forces.
You may also want to watch:
Scoop 6 punters pick at least one horse in six nominated televised races every Saturday. Anyone who gets all six winners is then in line for an enormous payout if they can pick the winner of the following Saturday's bonus race.
Peter Golding, Suffolk Royal British Legion county secretary, said the news was 'absolutely fantastic.'
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 3 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown