Suffolk man to earn �2.75m if horse wins
A MYSTERY punter from Suffolk will donate �2.75million to the Royal British Legion if his horse wins on Saturday.The unknown benefactor won almost �670,000 with a �2 stake on the Tote Scoop 6 last weekend.
A MYSTERY punter from Suffolk will donate �2.75million to the Royal British Legion if his horse wins on Saturday.
The unknown benefactor won almost �670,000 with a �2 stake on the Tote Scoop 6 last weekend.
Now he has the chance to scoop another �2.75million - the biggest payout in UK betting history - if he can pick the winner of this weekend's Tote Scoop 6 bonus race.
But the unidentified punter has already told bookies that if he wins again he wants the cash handed to the Royal British Legion in Suffolk to help support past members of the armed forces.
You may also want to watch:
Scoop 6 punters pick at least one horse in six nominated televised races every Saturday. Anyone who gets all six winners is then in line for an enormous payout if they can pick the winner of the following Saturday's bonus race.
Peter Golding, Suffolk Royal British Legion county secretary, said the news was 'absolutely fantastic.'
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Junction closed for third crossing preparations