Suffolk man to earn �2.75m if horse wins
A MYSTERY punter from Suffolk will donate �2.75million to the Royal British Legion if his horse wins on Saturday.The unknown benefactor won almost �670,000 with a �2 stake on the Tote Scoop 6 last weekend.
A MYSTERY punter from Suffolk will donate �2.75million to the Royal British Legion if his horse wins on Saturday.
The unknown benefactor won almost �670,000 with a �2 stake on the Tote Scoop 6 last weekend.
Now he has the chance to scoop another �2.75million - the biggest payout in UK betting history - if he can pick the winner of this weekend's Tote Scoop 6 bonus race.
But the unidentified punter has already told bookies that if he wins again he wants the cash handed to the Royal British Legion in Suffolk to help support past members of the armed forces.
You may also want to watch:
Scoop 6 punters pick at least one horse in six nominated televised races every Saturday. Anyone who gets all six winners is then in line for an enormous payout if they can pick the winner of the following Saturday's bonus race.
Peter Golding, Suffolk Royal British Legion county secretary, said the news was 'absolutely fantastic.'
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 3 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 6 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 7 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
- 8 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Car battery stolen after 'bonnet forced open' during overnight theft