Suffolk man to earn �2.75m if horse wins
A MYSTERY punter from Suffolk will donate �2.75million to the Royal British Legion if his horse wins on Saturday.The unknown benefactor won almost �670,000 with a �2 stake on the Tote Scoop 6 last weekend.
A MYSTERY punter from Suffolk will donate �2.75million to the Royal British Legion if his horse wins on Saturday.
The unknown benefactor won almost �670,000 with a �2 stake on the Tote Scoop 6 last weekend.
Now he has the chance to scoop another �2.75million - the biggest payout in UK betting history - if he can pick the winner of this weekend's Tote Scoop 6 bonus race.
But the unidentified punter has already told bookies that if he wins again he wants the cash handed to the Royal British Legion in Suffolk to help support past members of the armed forces.
Scoop 6 punters pick at least one horse in six nominated televised races every Saturday. Anyone who gets all six winners is then in line for an enormous payout if they can pick the winner of the following Saturday's bonus race.
Peter Golding, Suffolk Royal British Legion county secretary, said the news was 'absolutely fantastic.'
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Plans to redevelop major town centre building to be discussed
- 3 Bid to demolish countryside home to build church
- 4 Family's plea for information on engineer's asbestos exposure
- 5 TV and prescription medicine stolen from Lowestoft home
- 6 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 7 Car smashes through barrier after two-car crash in Lowestoft
- 8 Dad's anger after bike worth £3,000 stolen from Lowestoft park
- 9 'A great hero': Terry Butcher hailed on return to hometown
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week