Open studios event to showcase region’s artistic talent
PUBLISHED: 12:10 11 June 2018 | UPDATED: 12:10 11 June 2018
A selection of artists are opening their studios to the public as part of this year’s Suffolk Open Studios.
Five Waveney artists are collaborating on a new Easterly Artists’ Trail, offering visitors an opportunity to visit their studios and see them at work.
Lisa Hurcum, one of the artists taking part, said: “There is a huge reservoir of artistic talent in north east Suffolk outside the known centres, but many people don’t hear about it.
“We aim to give visitors a taste of what they’re missing and whet their appetite to find out more about how much is available on their doorstep.”
The artists are as follows:
• Hilary Barry (painter) - Copperfields, Beach Road, Kessingland
• Hugh Davies (print) - 29 Lyndhurst Road, Lowestoft
• Lisa Hurcum (print) - 29 Lyndhurst Road, Lowestoft
• Fiona Shreeve (sculptural ceramics) - 9 Marsh Lane, Somerleyton
• Nina Roffey (artmaker) - 52 Park Drive, Worlingham
The trail is open 11am-5pm on June 16 and 17. Hugh Davies and Lisa Hurcum’s studios are also open June 23-24. Entry is free.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.