Open studios event to showcase region’s artistic talent
- Credit: Archant
A selection of artists are opening their studios to the public as part of this year's Suffolk Open Studios.
Five Waveney artists are collaborating on a new Easterly Artists' Trail, offering visitors an opportunity to visit their studios and see them at work.
Lisa Hurcum, one of the artists taking part, said: 'There is a huge reservoir of artistic talent in north east Suffolk outside the known centres, but many people don't hear about it.
'We aim to give visitors a taste of what they're missing and whet their appetite to find out more about how much is available on their doorstep.'
The artists are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
• Hilary Barry (painter) - Copperfields, Beach Road, Kessingland
• Hugh Davies (print) - 29 Lyndhurst Road, Lowestoft
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 9 Former Brexit Party MP hopeful dies in Bahamas diving accident
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
• Lisa Hurcum (print) - 29 Lyndhurst Road, Lowestoft
• Fiona Shreeve (sculptural ceramics) - 9 Marsh Lane, Somerleyton
• Nina Roffey (artmaker) - 52 Park Drive, Worlingham
The trail is open 11am-5pm on June 16 and 17. Hugh Davies and Lisa Hurcum's studios are also open June 23-24. Entry is free.