Open studios event to showcase region’s artistic talent
- Credit: Archant
A selection of artists are opening their studios to the public as part of this year's Suffolk Open Studios.
Five Waveney artists are collaborating on a new Easterly Artists' Trail, offering visitors an opportunity to visit their studios and see them at work.
Lisa Hurcum, one of the artists taking part, said: 'There is a huge reservoir of artistic talent in north east Suffolk outside the known centres, but many people don't hear about it.
'We aim to give visitors a taste of what they're missing and whet their appetite to find out more about how much is available on their doorstep.'
The artists are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
• Hilary Barry (painter) - Copperfields, Beach Road, Kessingland
• Hugh Davies (print) - 29 Lyndhurst Road, Lowestoft
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 8 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
• Lisa Hurcum (print) - 29 Lyndhurst Road, Lowestoft
• Fiona Shreeve (sculptural ceramics) - 9 Marsh Lane, Somerleyton
• Nina Roffey (artmaker) - 52 Park Drive, Worlingham
The trail is open 11am-5pm on June 16 and 17. Hugh Davies and Lisa Hurcum's studios are also open June 23-24. Entry is free.