Man ‘acting suspiciously’ followed teenage boy through town streets
- Credit: Archant
A man riding a mountain bike has been reported to police after following a teenage boy and acting suspiciously.
The boy was followed from a distance along a number of Lowestoft streets on Wednesday morning, July 29, between 7.10am and 7.20am.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police said: “A 14-year-old boy was walking along Cotmer Road when he became aware that a man on a bike was following him from a distance.
“The man continued to follow the boy along Plovers Way, Uplands Road North and Grove Road.
“The boy, who felt distressed, then walked towards Spinney Gardens and the man didn’t continue to follow him.
You may also want to watch:
“The man also didn’t attempt to speak to the boy.”
The man is described as being in his 30s, with short brown hair and stubble. At the time of the incident, he was wearing all black and was riding a black mountain bike.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
Any witnesses, or anyone who may have seen a man matching the description acting suspiciously in the area is asked to call Suffolk Police on 101, quoting reference 37/43104/20.