Suffolk: Recycling visits for waste firm
SENIOR waste managers have been sent 'back to the floor' at recycling centres in a bid to improve services.The managers from Waste Recycling Group (WRG) and Suffolk County Council spent a day working at their household waste recycling centres across the county to get some first-hand experience of the service.
SENIOR waste managers have been sent 'back to the floor' at recycling centres in a bid to improve services.
The managers from Waste Recycling Group (WRG) and Suffolk County Council spent a day working at their household waste recycling centres across the county to get some first-hand experience of the service.
The WRG and council 'guest workers' spent their time by helping members of the public to segregate and recycle their bulky wastes, as well as carrying out the day-to-day duties on some of Suffolk's busiest sites.
Mike Snell, WRG's general manager of external affairs, said: 'Both WRG and Suffolk CC were keen for our senior managers to get some direct feedback from the people who use Suffolk's household waste recycling centres.
'We will be able to use the experiences gained to improve the service that we provide to the people of Suffolk who value their recycling facilities. The day was also a great team-building exercise for both organisations, and a real success overall.'
WRG won the �30m contract to manage Suffolk's 18 household waste recycling centres last May.
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Have your say on redevelopment of station building vacant for 50 years
- 3 First look at the new fully vegan café 'booming in business'
- 4 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 5 Joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students on results day
- 6 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 7 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 9 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 10 Over 120 free events planned for return of country's biggest heritage event