Suffolk set for coldest night of winter so far, 10cm of snow to come
FORECASTERS have predicted that Suffolk is in for the coldest night of winter so far this evening (Tuesday).Chris Bell, a forecaster with Weatherquest, said temperatures could plummet to -3C.
FORECASTERS have predicted that Suffolk is in for the coldest night of winter so far this evening (Tuesday).
Chris Bell, a forecaster with Weatherquest, said temperatures could plummet to -3C.
It follows freezing temperatures of -1C last night and in the early hours of this morning.
Mr Bell said: 'It will be the coldest night of the season so far. You are looking at it being about -1C last night so it will be a couple of degrees colder tonight.'
You may also want to watch:
The freezing conditions resulted in Suffolk County Council gritters being sent out across the county last night and also this morning.
Meanwhile, the Met Office has issued a snow warning for Suffolk this Friday, advising that showers could bring up to 10cms of snow in the region.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft