Suffolk set for coldest night of winter so far, 10cm of snow to come
FORECASTERS have predicted that Suffolk is in for the coldest night of winter so far this evening (Tuesday).Chris Bell, a forecaster with Weatherquest, said temperatures could plummet to -3C.
FORECASTERS have predicted that Suffolk is in for the coldest night of winter so far this evening (Tuesday).
Chris Bell, a forecaster with Weatherquest, said temperatures could plummet to -3C.
It follows freezing temperatures of -1C last night and in the early hours of this morning.
Mr Bell said: 'It will be the coldest night of the season so far. You are looking at it being about -1C last night so it will be a couple of degrees colder tonight.'
You may also want to watch:
The freezing conditions resulted in Suffolk County Council gritters being sent out across the county last night and also this morning.
Meanwhile, the Met Office has issued a snow warning for Suffolk this Friday, advising that showers could bring up to 10cms of snow in the region.
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 4 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 5 Preparation begins for Lowestoft's crucial flood defence work
- 6 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 7 Golf club forced to move tees after dunes collapse
- 8 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 9 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 10 Mountain bike stolen during the night prompts police appeal