Suffolk set for Google view
SIGHTS of Suffolk will soon be viewable through the click of a mouse on Google's Street View mapping.It is thought that areas including Suffolk will be added to the site in coming months, after Google Street View photographic cars were spotted in the region last year.
SIGHTS of Suffolk will soon be viewable through the click of a mouse on Google's Street View mapping.
It is thought that areas including Suffolk will be added to the site in coming months, after Google Street View photographic cars were spotted in the region last year.
Google Street View allows internet users to select nearly any street in major towns and cities across the UK and offers 360-degree photographs.
Coverage in the UK has been relatively patchy, with parts of the country still waiting for online coverage.
You may also want to watch:
Photographic cars were spotted in Ipswich in March 2009 capturing the network of streets, in advance of the town joining the likes of London, Liverpool and Norwich to appear on Street View.
A spokeswoman for Google said: 'We don't have an exact date for when Suffolk will be viewable by Google Street View. We are working hard to get the photographs of the area processed and we will continue working on this in the coming months.'
- 1 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 9 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 10 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions