Suffolk set for Google view
SIGHTS of Suffolk will soon be viewable through the click of a mouse on Google's Street View mapping.It is thought that areas including Suffolk will be added to the site in coming months, after Google Street View photographic cars were spotted in the region last year.
SIGHTS of Suffolk will soon be viewable through the click of a mouse on Google's Street View mapping.
It is thought that areas including Suffolk will be added to the site in coming months, after Google Street View photographic cars were spotted in the region last year.
Google Street View allows internet users to select nearly any street in major towns and cities across the UK and offers 360-degree photographs.
Coverage in the UK has been relatively patchy, with parts of the country still waiting for online coverage.
Photographic cars were spotted in Ipswich in March 2009 capturing the network of streets, in advance of the town joining the likes of London, Liverpool and Norwich to appear on Street View.
A spokeswoman for Google said: 'We don't have an exact date for when Suffolk will be viewable by Google Street View. We are working hard to get the photographs of the area processed and we will continue working on this in the coming months.'
- 1 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 2 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 3 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 4 Families flock to coastal town centre ahead of switch-on event
- 5 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 6 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 7 New homes earmarked for former offices near town centre
- 8 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 9 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 10 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed