Suffolk set to sizzle in Summer heatwave
SUFFOLK is bracing itself for another day of heat and humidity tomorrow as the Mediterranean temperatures continue.And as the sun stays out for one more day, staff at Ipswich Hospital are extending evening visiting hours in a bid to keep the wards as cool, calm and comfortable as possible.
SUFFOLK is bracing itself for another day of heat and humidity tomorrow as the Mediterranean temperatures continue.
And as the sun stays out for one more day, staff at Ipswich Hospital are extending evening visiting hours in a bid to keep the wards as cool, calm and comfortable as possible.
A spokesman for Norfolk-based forecasters Weatherquest said Thursday would be the last day of a settled spell that had seen temperatures reach as high as 28c this week.
He said: 'It's going to be warm and humid tomorrow but definitely becoming cooler through Friday and into the weekend, which will last until the middle of next week.
'The temperatures are warmer than average at the moment - they should be about 20-21c but we have had a long period of settled weather and quite moist, humid air.
'It looks like we have another high pressure building in the second half of next week, but things could change.'
- 1 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 2 Deal struck to acquire major Lowestoft shopping centre
- 3 Retail park nuisance drivers cause misery with 'revving and noisy exhausts'
- 4 New lease of life for former Lowestoft town centre menswear store
- 5 New car rental development unveiled to 'rejuvenate vacant site'
- 6 Vicious burglars jailed for 25 years for 'utterly terrifying' raid
- 7 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 8 Road to be closed as next phase of major flood defence works begin
- 9 Coastwatch volunteer encourages public to stay on the lookout for body parts
- 10 Next stage of ultrafast broadband construction work to begin
Late visiting times are being extended at Ipswich Hospital from 7pm to 9pm and visitors have been urged not to come in the afternoon because of the heat.