Suffolk set to sizzle in Summer heatwave
SUFFOLK is bracing itself for another day of heat and humidity tomorrow as the Mediterranean temperatures continue.And as the sun stays out for one more day, staff at Ipswich Hospital are extending evening visiting hours in a bid to keep the wards as cool, calm and comfortable as possible.
SUFFOLK is bracing itself for another day of heat and humidity tomorrow as the Mediterranean temperatures continue.
And as the sun stays out for one more day, staff at Ipswich Hospital are extending evening visiting hours in a bid to keep the wards as cool, calm and comfortable as possible.
A spokesman for Norfolk-based forecasters Weatherquest said Thursday would be the last day of a settled spell that had seen temperatures reach as high as 28c this week.
He said: 'It's going to be warm and humid tomorrow but definitely becoming cooler through Friday and into the weekend, which will last until the middle of next week.
You may also want to watch:
'The temperatures are warmer than average at the moment - they should be about 20-21c but we have had a long period of settled weather and quite moist, humid air.
'It looks like we have another high pressure building in the second half of next week, but things could change.'
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 3 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 6 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 9 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
Late visiting times are being extended at Ipswich Hospital from 7pm to 9pm and visitors have been urged not to come in the afternoon because of the heat.