Suffolk Show on course for bumper year
THIS year's Suffolk Show is on course to beat the highest of expectations, organisers have said.The fantastic sunshine and warm temperatures have meant thousands upon thousands of people have flocked to Trinity Park in Ipswich.
THIS year's Suffolk Show is on course to beat the highest of expectations, organisers have said.
The fantastic sunshine and warm temperatures have meant thousands upon thousands of people have flocked to Trinity Park in Ipswich.
Show director Peter Over said they were well on course to exceed the 90,000 visitors they expected to welcome through the gates over the two days.
'The day has gone better than we ever dreamed,' he said. 'The weather has been fantastic and people have turned up in their thousands to support us.'
You may also want to watch:
He said the highlight of the day was a display by an Apache helicopter from Wattisham, where troops simulated rearming and refueling the aircraft in a hostile environment.
'It was a massive highlight,' Mr Over said. 'Coupled with the good weather it has made an already great show into a fantastic show.
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 3 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 4 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 5 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 6 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 7 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 8 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 9 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 10 'Don't ask, don't get' - Town council says no to Lowestoft city status bid
'We are hoping for more of the same tomorrow. If people have missed out today hopefully they will turn up. It's looking good.'
Mr Over also presented Colonel Neale Moss, station commander of Air Corps Wattisham, with a cheque for �2,000 which will be used for the troops' welfare fund.