Suffolk Show on course for bumper year
THIS year's Suffolk Show is on course to beat the highest of expectations, organisers have said.The fantastic sunshine and warm temperatures have meant thousands upon thousands of people have flocked to Trinity Park in Ipswich.
THIS year's Suffolk Show is on course to beat the highest of expectations, organisers have said.
The fantastic sunshine and warm temperatures have meant thousands upon thousands of people have flocked to Trinity Park in Ipswich.
Show director Peter Over said they were well on course to exceed the 90,000 visitors they expected to welcome through the gates over the two days.
'The day has gone better than we ever dreamed,' he said. 'The weather has been fantastic and people have turned up in their thousands to support us.'
He said the highlight of the day was a display by an Apache helicopter from Wattisham, where troops simulated rearming and refueling the aircraft in a hostile environment.
'It was a massive highlight,' Mr Over said. 'Coupled with the good weather it has made an already great show into a fantastic show.
- 1 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 2 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 3 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
- 4 Seven places to get a fry-up in Lowestoft
- 5 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 6 Have you got any memories of the James Paget hospital when it opened?
- 7 East Anglia’s ports tap into fast-growing domestic cruise market
- 8 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 9 Can you spot yourself in these Lowestoft school photos through the years?
- 10 Coastal town residents urged to vote on future regeneration plan
'We are hoping for more of the same tomorrow. If people have missed out today hopefully they will turn up. It's looking good.'
Mr Over also presented Colonel Neale Moss, station commander of Air Corps Wattisham, with a cheque for �2,000 which will be used for the troops' welfare fund.