Suffolk Show on course for bumper year
THIS year's Suffolk Show is on course to beat the highest of expectations, organisers have said.The fantastic sunshine and warm temperatures have meant thousands upon thousands of people have flocked to Trinity Park in Ipswich.
THIS year's Suffolk Show is on course to beat the highest of expectations, organisers have said.
The fantastic sunshine and warm temperatures have meant thousands upon thousands of people have flocked to Trinity Park in Ipswich.
Show director Peter Over said they were well on course to exceed the 90,000 visitors they expected to welcome through the gates over the two days.
'The day has gone better than we ever dreamed,' he said. 'The weather has been fantastic and people have turned up in their thousands to support us.'
You may also want to watch:
He said the highlight of the day was a display by an Apache helicopter from Wattisham, where troops simulated rearming and refueling the aircraft in a hostile environment.
'It was a massive highlight,' Mr Over said. 'Coupled with the good weather it has made an already great show into a fantastic show.
- 1 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 2 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 3 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 4 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 Burglar attempts to rob store with metal bar as weapon
- 7 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 8 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 9 New book shines 'the spotlight' on coastal town's past and present
- 10 Two men bailed in connection with firearm offences
'We are hoping for more of the same tomorrow. If people have missed out today hopefully they will turn up. It's looking good.'
Mr Over also presented Colonel Neale Moss, station commander of Air Corps Wattisham, with a cheque for �2,000 which will be used for the troops' welfare fund.