Suffolk Style: Top tips for Christmas shoppers
- Credit: Archant
Well it's that time of year again when we are all out shopping. Whether we are looking for a nice gift to give or trying to find something to wear to that Christmas party, December can be a busy month.
To get organised and before the shops sell out of the party styles and your size, it is best to get your Christmas outfit sorted then you can go full steam ahead on the presents knowing you have your night covered and avoid panic buying at the last minute.
A little black dress is perfect at any time of year. This tassel shift dress from Match on Suffolk Road, Lowestoft, is smart and chic, if you want to add some sparkle you can go all out on your shoes and clutch.
If you haven't already decorated the tree, then head into the town. I have noticed some gorgeous baubles around. Vintage or modern, there are some lovely colours and themes from Marks & Spencers, TX MAXX, Homewood & Rose and Kerrys. I love the Rose gold colour and could be teamed with a Rose Gold necklace which would make a lovely gift.
Another Christmas gift which is popular to give at this time of year is a nice new throw for your home. Green has proved popular from rich emerald to olive and lime. I found this one in Dunelm, which I love, plus the tweed effect gives it a designer look.
You may also want to watch:
With the weather turning much colder, it is definitely time to dig out the hat and scarf. If you are on the lookout for a nice set, be it for yourself or to give as a present, this rose pink set is lovely on and provides a nice bit of colour to any outfit. Scarf available at www.matchclothing.co.uk
There are some great shops around plus lots of lovely cafes and coffee shops to refuel you whilst you are on the move. I have recently tried the new Ginger's Bistro on Grove Road for a delicious Carrot Cake, which kept me going.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
Have a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year. See you in 2019.