Suffolk teens given more time to enter Raising the Bar presenting competition
- Credit: Archant
Budding presenters in Suffolk have been offered more time to enter an exciting competition.
The deadline for entries for the Raising the Bar Co-Presenter Competition has now been extended until 5pm on Friday, April 6.
Two winners will present the presitigious Raising
the Bar Awards at Trinity Park on July 10, alongside former BBC presenter Terry Baxter – who will also mentor the pair.
Elsa Conney, one of last year's co-presenter winners, said: 'I thought I would enter the competition because it was a bit different and nothing like I had ever done before. I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and I loved every minute of it.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baxter said: 'We have so many talented young people in the county, and this is a fantastic opportunity for them. I'm looking forward to the auditions and working with the winners to showcase just some of the inspiring stories from Suffolk education at the Raising the Bar awards ceremony.'
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 4 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 7 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts