Suffolk-wide message for Valentines
MORE girls die as passengers than as drivers!It's a shocking fact and one that Suffolk County Council road safety officers are working hard to rectify.
MORE girls die as passengers than as drivers!
It's a shocking fact and one that Suffolk County Council road safety officers are working hard to rectify.
Up to 10,000 young people in Suffolk will receive Valentine cards this year with a message from the road safety officers: "Don't hurt the one you love."
The message forms part of the young driver campaign 'For my girlfriend' and road safety officers will distribute the cards through schools, colleges and nightclubs during the run up to February 14.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Guy McGregor, the council's portfolio holder for roads and transport said: "The Suffolk Roadsafe Board has identified young drivers as a group who, despite a fall in their casualty numbers in 2007, continue to be at risk. We also know that nationally more girls die as passengers than as drivers, a factor which the campaign addresses."
"The Valentine cards remind young drivers about the potentially catastrophic consequences if things go wrong while they are traveling by car."
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
This year's campaign also features a short ''viral' film on YouTube which tells the story of a young couple out on a date when their love turns to tragedy. The Valentine cards encourage young people to go online to view the video to see what can occur if you're not paying full attention whilst driving.
For further information about the campaign and for a link to the film visit www.suffolkroadsafe.net