The perfect children’s activities for the summer holiday
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A host of free fun summer activities to keep children entertained over the long summer holidays are to be staged in Lowestoft.
Waveney District Council's programme of free children's activities is returning to the town's South Beach.
The activities will take place each Tuesday and Thursday from July 31 until August 30.
They include; tug of war, netball, tag rugby, dodgeball, cricket, rounders, futsal, volleyball, American football, climbing, boxing with Ultimate Boxing and drama and musical theatre with Marina Theatre.
Cllr Mary Rudd, cabinet member for community health and safety said: 'We're looking forward to seeing lots of local young people enjoying these activities on our beautiful beach this summer.'
You may also want to watch:
Activities begin at 1pm with a sign-in at 12.30pm at Beach Hut 121, south of Claremont Pier.
A family fun hour will take place from 11am to noon before each session.
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street