The perfect children’s activities for the summer holiday
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A host of free fun summer activities to keep children entertained over the long summer holidays are to be staged in Lowestoft.
Waveney District Council's programme of free children's activities is returning to the town's South Beach.
The activities will take place each Tuesday and Thursday from July 31 until August 30.
They include; tug of war, netball, tag rugby, dodgeball, cricket, rounders, futsal, volleyball, American football, climbing, boxing with Ultimate Boxing and drama and musical theatre with Marina Theatre.
Cllr Mary Rudd, cabinet member for community health and safety said: 'We're looking forward to seeing lots of local young people enjoying these activities on our beautiful beach this summer.'
You may also want to watch:
Activities begin at 1pm with a sign-in at 12.30pm at Beach Hut 121, south of Claremont Pier.
A family fun hour will take place from 11am to noon before each session.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 5 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 8 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend