Summer Festival success leads into Lowestoft’s new fish trail
- Credit: Archant
I am delighted to report the Lowestoft Summer Festival was a great success despite the vagaries of the British summer weather.
The Lowestoft's Got Talent event was particularly good. Nine young finalists entertained the crowd showing us just how talented they are, they were all amazing. The judges had a very tough decision but after much debate awarded the first prize to an incredible dancer George Butler. We wish George great success with his dancing in the future.
Too many Lowestoft residents are too quick to knock our town and our youth. The Summer Festival showcased a lot of what we have to celebrate about Lowestoft like our voluntary sector, our sports clubs, our choirs, our young people but most of all the cooperation of many of our organisations to make the event a success so my thanks go to The Lions, Rotary, Lowestoft Vision, Lowestoft Rising, Kirkley Business Group,Waveney District Council, Suffolk County Council, the London Road Baptist Church and the Kirkley Peoples Forum all of which worked hard over many months to put the event on.
And my thanks go to people of Lowestoft that came to see what we had on offer. If you didn't come along you missed a treat.
As part of the Summer Festival, Lowestoft Vision launched the 2017 Summer Trail. You will recall for the last three years we have run the Turtle Trail. Well the turtles have now been retired we have for the first time this year 'Freddie the Fish and his Friends'. Twenty beautifully decorated meter high fish are secreted in shops and establishments in the town centre waiting to be found. Have a look at the Discover Lowestoft website for all the details of the trail at www.discoverlowesoft.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
I know we are still in the height of summer and the school holidays have only just started, but Lowestoft Vision has already started planning the town's Christmas events. We have to plan around six months in advance to make sure we are able to book the performers we want. Even so it is strange to be sat around a table in July talking about Christmas Trees and carol singers. We have some great ideas to make Christmas in Lowestoft this year really special. I will report the details as they are confirmed.
In the meantime have a great summer.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 6 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 7 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 8 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 9 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 10 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy